Monday, August 18, 2008

My Ta-Da List

A few weeks ago, I decided to make a list of all of the things I accomplished during the day (rather than making a list of things to do). This morning, I was having a tough morning with the boys, and while skimming blogs while finally scarfing breakfast at 9:15am, one of the blogs I like to read talked of doing this same thing as a way to give yourself a pat on the back and put your day in a more positive light. (You can check out their post here.)

So, in hopes of making myself feel better, I made a list of all of the things that I did today and I thought I would share it all so you can get some insight into my life, a good chuckle, etc. This list is in no particular order - just how my brain remembered everything. Now, to some of you out there, some of these things don't seem like they should make it on the ta-da list (i.e. shower), but as all stay-at-home moms know, you can't take anything for granted. Enjoy! :)

  • Showered
  • Got dressed
  • Brushed teeth
  • Ate breakfast
  • Unloaded dishwasher
  • Loaded dishwasher
  • Checked and replied to email
  • Called my grandma
  • Called pediatricians office about B's missing medical records
  • Called record forwarding service about sending records again (yes, this is a whole other frustrating blog entry)
  • Called church
  • Cut coupons
  • Went through grocery ads
  • Made grocery list
  • Went through old coupons
  • Went through freezer and fridge and made an inventory
  • Created two weeks worth of dinner menus
  • Found recipe for zucchini bread (hopefully to be used tomorrow!)
  • Put away towels that were washed yesterday
  • Dried and put away boys' clothes, part one
  • Washed, dried, and put away boys' clothes, part two
  • Put away load of darks for hubby and me
  • Sat in bathroom with E and B for approximately 38 hours
  • Cleaned up four pairs of poopy underpants
  • Celebrated when E had a "giant poop" in the potty
  • Cleaned out potty chairs innumerable times
  • Cut up cantaloupe
  • Made morning and afternoon snack for us
  • Made lunch for all of us
  • Cleaned up dishes throughout the day
  • Cleaned up toys that were scattered around the house with the help of the fellas - twice
  • Got mail and sorted it
  • Thawed and prepped chicken for dinner
  • Cooked chicken, corn, and rice for dinner
  • Cleaned off table after dinner
  • Loaded dishwasher and washed dishes
  • Cleaned the table and counters
  • Picked tiny pieces of rice and corn off of the floor
  • Put in load of random laundry
  • Gave boys a bath & helped with bedtime routine
  • Continued my immeasurable amount of cloth diaper research - I think I finally have a hint about what I am doing!
  • Wrote this blog entry :)
  • Downloaded pictures from both boys' cameras
  • Replaced batteries in E's camera
  • Watched my belly jump while Z had his nightly party (not really a ta-da, but fun nonetheless)
  • Broke up a few fights
  • Stopped kids from swinging on curtains in living room
  • Played with puzzles
  • Read stories
  • Put together train tracks
  • Loved and cuddled two cutie-pies!
It is now 9:00pm, and although I hope to get a few more things done, I think this is going to be it for my list today. Ahh... the life of a stay-at-home mom...

No comments: